I’ve loved homemade Rice Krispie treats for years but lately I feel like they’re missing a little something. They need to be richer! I’ve found just the recipe that makes that happen. These Browned Butter Vanilla Bean Rice Krispie Treats from Baked Bree are to die for! They are an excellent mix of sweet and salty and lean towards that ever popular taste of salted caramel. They are a must try this season! (The one thing I have adapted is I use 2 teaspoons of vanilla instead of vanilla bean because I always have it on hand.) ENJOY!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 (10-ounce) bags marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Find a really big bowl and measure out 9 cups of cereal. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Cut the vanilla bean in half, and scrape the seeds with the back of a knife. Add the vanilla to the melting butter. The butter will foam and make some noise. It will bubble and crack. It will start to turn a golden brown color. Watch it carefully because it can burn very quickly. When the butter is ready, the bubbling will stop and will be brown. It takes about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the marshmallows. Stir over low heat until marshmallows are completely melted. Pour the mamarshmallow over the Rice Krispies. Coat completely with marshmallow.
- Press into the prepared 9×13 pan. Let sit for 2 hours at room temperature before slicing.
Photo and recipe from Baked Bree Blog